Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bouncing Back

These last few weeks I have been looking at a lot of different changes in my life. I want to do so many things to better myself. I thought I would let you in on some of the progress. I have made a lot of efforts in my study time. I know I have not posted as much as I had intended but I am doing a lot better in the study-prayer time area. I tend to catch a few extra minutes really early in the morning - I have made it my first priority. I do this before I change laundry, do dishes, or even make my coffee. It has helped me in many ways but mostly I am learning more about how God's love is forgiving and that I am really a work in progress. I am feeling better about myself more these days. The second area is my relationship towards my husband. This past weekend we had together without the kiddos. It was great to re-connect with him and show him how much he means to me. I felt really bad when he told me he wished I was that way all of the time but he knew that the kids can get in the way of that "Amy" I told him that I needed to hear that because I do focus A LOT on them and not on him. I asked him to help out more with them and the WE needed to have time to be with each other alone. Even if it is for 15 minutes at the end of the day. He agreed that we needed to work on that. I am happy that we had that discussion among some others.
An update on my physical self - I have lacked in this area even though it is heavy on my heart - literally! I need to figure out how to focus on the weight issues I have. It is very hard!
My home is another area that I have looked at a lot but have not done much with. I have a lot of ideas to make my home an easier place to live - but I have very little time to get those things done!
Work - well my attitude is better I am just discouraged at the markets these days!

I have many things to do and very little time. my goal this week is to write these things down and set specific goals for achieving these things. I will cross off what I complete and CELEBRATE when the overall goal is done.
Any suggestions?
Love;
Amy Q

No comments: