Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hearts



I am working on my heart. I want so many things spiritually and I try so hard to accomplish them and then Satan steps in and begins to tear me down. I get doubtful. I blame myself. I give up. I start again. i feel failures. I hurt.
It is a vicious cycle that I hope to overcome soon. I read a verse that I repeat a lot these days:

2 Corinthians 4:16 (New International Version)

16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

I am renewed day by day! I must not lose heart. I must keep trying to seek Him out and continue to grow. I am working hard at finding truths in my life and working on being Christ-minded. The world has changed me and I must allow God to change my heart. I have done things I am not proud of, I have let people down, I have been selfish, I have sinned the many sins that plague my life multiple times.

But I cannot loose heart. I must continue to work day by day with a renewed spirit and heart.

God blesses us with that renewal. God wants to work on me and you. We have to get over ourselves and quit trying to "fix"it or do it our way. God will do the healing if we let him. He is our Father, our Creator, our healer of broken hearts.

I pray today that God speaks to our hearts and continues to encourage us to seek Him and love Him - Wholeheartedly! He can mend the fragments and make us whole again. I praise Him for that!

Blessings;

Amy Q

No comments: