Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Guard me Lord...

“That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.” 2 Timothy 1:12 (NIV)

I read this verse at crosswalk.com. It is amazing how God speaks to us. I have been worried for weeks about our finances. We have good jobs, but our expenses are increasing. I work so hard to get the grocery bill as low as I can, we don't eat out, we take lunches, we don't travel, we don't spend extra. We have a lot of medical bills. I can't pay them right now. Last night I cried to my man about how we will make it, he told me that we "just will", that God provides. (This is not a typical response from him!) I took a deep breath and said "you are right."

I prayed that night for some hope. And this morning I read the above verse. What a statement. I am ashamed that I had doubt. God will guard what I have entrusted to him for that day. I have to ask for Him to guard our finances and our decisions for today. He is good. He will protect me and keep me.

I pray for all of you out there that God will bless your day and will guard what you have entrusted to Him for today. If you have worries or doubts, read that again and pray to God your desires, needs, fears, and doubts. Give it to Him in order that he may guard it.

Love;
Amy

No comments: