Monday, January 12, 2009

Family Trials

So, I am going to combine my devotional and my update into one.
We are all surviving I guess you could say. We had a MAJOR set-back with the city for our re-model. This has caused ALOT of friction around the house. I cannot do my laundry until the plumbing is re-done!! So the pile pile up and then I have to take them to the laundry mat all at once. This means that mommy is gone for a few hours. Not to mention how hard it is to do it all. My husband is trying to be positive, but that is not one of his better traits. On top of that my littlest has RSV. He cannot sleep laying down, so we have to hold him in the recliner all night. He has the coughing fits and that wakes him up several times a night. So mommy and daddy are TIRED and grouchy. AND then there is work. I told y'all before that my boss passed away. Well my work load has tripled! I have a huge mountain ahead and I am making it one step at a time. So, my sisters I ask that you pray for my strength to get through this time. We are all tired of the house being torn apart and the kids are ready for the work to be done so we can have a "normal" home again.

“Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.”
I Thessalonians 4:11&12 (NIV)
It is so hard to be quiet sometimes! This verse jumped out at me. Especially during this LOUD time in my life. I am amazed at how many times this has happened to me. God wants us to only depend on Him - not others. I need to make it my "ambition to lead a quiet life" I want to shout - HOW God?? But I know the answer already - trust in Him to lead us the right way. What we are going through right now is not easy - but it could always be worse! God is right here with us. He will hold me up and make me stronger for this. (my dear neighbor said to me - "hey you said you needed some time to yourself and look you got it - 2 1/2 -3 hours at the laundry mat!) I had to laugh - but she was right. I have been able to work on my quotes and sales stuff, read my bible, pray, and get ALL of my laundry done at once - for a price! ( it is not frugel to go to the laundry mat!)
I hope this verse speaks to your hears and help you to be quiet for God. Only depend on Him. I pray for all of you to be touched by His love.
Love;
Amy Q

No comments: