Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Shield

But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head. Psalm 3:3

Have any of you watched the news lately?? I live around Dallas, TX and we have had a lot of HORRIBLE crimes and deaths in our communities. It gets so depressing to watch - which is why I try not to. Top off that with all of the crisis's we are having it is hard not to be worried or scared or fearful. Not to mention doubtful. I tend to worry as most moms do. Then I came across this verse. "You, O Lord are a shield about me" what a blessing! We have a shield of protection around us. This doesn't mean that trials won't happen - but it is reassurance that God is with us to walk us through those trials. The verse also says that God is the "One who lifts my head" To me this means that when we are down or not looking to Him, HE will lift us up and let us see His Glory!
I hope that this verse brings you peace during these rocky times. I pray that all of you will hold onto your "shield" and look UP!
Love;
Amy Q

No comments: