Friday, January 2, 2009

New Beginnings

“Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord.”
Lamentations 2:19a (NKJV)
I am reading an older book by Max Lucado called Come Thirsty. This verse was in my morning devotion and I thought - wow! How often do we pour out our hearts to God? I pray many prayers and as I have said before they seem to involve others instead of MY hearts desires, hurts, needs, etc.
Yesterday was a hectic day and I was working in the kitchen preparing a meal for my in-laws. My daughter (4) was right at my heals telling me all of her wants. It was driving me nuts! She finally pulled on my shirt and said "Mommy PLEASE listen to me!" I said "what is it that you want??" She said "I am sorry for whining so much, I just need a hug mommy." I then was washed with guilt. I knelt down and hugged her tight and said I was sorry for not listening to her and that I loved her. She scurried off and was busy playing and I finished dinner up.
Last night I thought of that experience. I am so thankful that I have a Father who is never to busy and ALWAYS listens and is ready with His hugs of Peace and Comfort. He will listen to my heart at all times - whining, crying, angry, sad, hurt, happy, joyous, thankful, and many more needs.
I encourage us all to POUR out your heart to God and accept His hugs.

Love;
Amy Q

No comments: