Saturday, April 25, 2009

Girlfriends

Today I went to a Spring Ladies Lunch at the church we have been going to for the last 7 months. OK I admit I was reluctant as this church is BIG for my liking and I know a few people and I confess that even though I like the church I picked it because of my kids - especially my oldest who needed a place to learn and grow in the Lord with kids his age.
I thought it was just lunch and fellowship. I was WRONG! They had a table decorating contest and I must say that there are some crafty folks at our church. The most important part was the speaker. She ministers to ladies about growing together and reaching out to other women. She talked about how much wisdom we have lost due to the fact that younger ladies do not fellowship with older ladies. She discussed the differences between the older generation and the younger generation. How the Internet and the "connections" are technical instead of personable. We have to adjust our styles and how we NEED each other. God instructs us to fellowship with younger and older women. We don't do that like we should. I have a few girlfriends that I know would do anything I ask - but I confess that I let LIFE and JUNK get in the way of that connection. I am going to challenge myself to try and seek out others to help me on my journey as well as others that I may also touch. I pray that you all have a great week! Call your girlfriend!!!

No comments: