Update: You can join this GREAT carnival at http://as-for-me-and-my-house.blogspot.com/
Here is what LL Says about the carnival.
"The point of this carnival is simple. I hope to encourage and inspire others (as well as be made accountable) to improve their homes. If there is a big project you have been putting off....or a small project that you are saving....please, just put in the time and do it. I'm not necessarily talking about the day to day swishing of the toilet or wiping down the counters. I'm talking about that closet that is easily hidden behind the door, but every time you open it, you regret it. You know how you feel when you do finally get it cleaned up. You are happy....and that filters throughout your home. So find a project, big or small, to clean, organize or beautify."
So here is my entry for today:
I did something yesterday that has made my day today! I cleaned out my dresser and re-arranged my drawers that make more sense and makes it easier for others to locate where my clothes go! This morning when I went to get my clothes for today - in the dark - it was a snap.
Here is what I did:
1. I took out all of the drawers and set them on the floor in a "U" shape around me
2. Emptied out one drawer at a time and an sorted the clothes by type
3. While doing the above step I took out the clothes that needed a new home and put them in my "give away bag
4. I added a few small baskets to my undie drawer to separate out the socks, hose, undies
5. Placed the right clothes in each drawer - put a little label on the inside of the drawer to let others know what went in that drawer
6. Put the drawers back in the dresser in order.
This sounds easy - and it only took about 15 minutes - but it is going to make a big difference in my mornings when I am looking for certain clothes.
It has also motivated me to work on other dressers in this house!! Told hubby we would do his tonight! He said mine looked really good!
So that is making my home a little happier today!
Y'all have a great week!