Thursday, June 4, 2009

Give me Patience


1 Thessalonians 5:12-14 (New International Version)

 12Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.

This struck me this morning like a ton of bricks.  It was towards the end of my reading and I caught myself being hurried.  "Live in PEACE with each other....be patient with everyone"  I don't know about you but I have not done so well with these two.  I am an encourager, kind, loving, a helper by nature - but I do not live in peace all of the time.  I think of my mornings - If I wake up late it is RUSH,RUSH,RUSH - a lot of "hurry up!" and "let's GO" and "NOW" Not very peaceful or patient.
I get angry at work sometimes.  I want things done right the first time - because I feel that I don't have time to "fix" things.  I get frustrated when other people's problems become mine. I get selfish thinking "why do I have to deal, with ....?"  This cause a very un-peaceful and inpatient attitude.
And after work I find I am most at peace after the "get home, love kiddos and get dinner done routine - and we are all outplaying in the yard.  I relish the memories that we are making with our kids - playing a game of tag, swinging on the swings, digging in the dirt and playing kickball.  Hearing their giggles and laughter brings me peace.
My question is "why can't I look at those things and relish my morning times and look at the good in the people around me during my day?"   I need patience.I need to live in peace.  I need to focus on the good in all things God places before me.  I need to be aware of my words and my tone.  I need to look at others in a different light.  
I pray that God blesses you all and that you too may find Peace and Patience during your day today.
Love;
Amy Q

No comments: