Thursday, August 27, 2009

Just thoughts



I am dealing with a lot of the regular old kindergarten blues lately. I cannot for the life of me get over that the lil 6lb baby girl I brought home from the hospital 5 years ago is now wandering the halls in a BIG school. Toting her pink backpack and purple lunch kit. I cannot believe how much she is learning already. She is delighted each day to tell me all about her new adventures. I am happy that this has been a good experience thus far and we are SO blessed she has a great teacher.
But she is that lil pink ball of goodness from 5 years ago. She is the lil princess that needs her mommy. She is that little babe I snuggled with, sang to, and played with. To see her "growing up" so quickly tugs at my heart. I am mixed up over this.
To top it all she has changed so much over the last few months - I am struggling with her discipline. I plan to read another book with the hope of finding new ideas to try out. She is an AMAZING girl with so much heart and soul - but boy does she ever have to have the last word!
Her first day I talked about GREEN. The second day was ORANGE! Excessive talking - not my child :) She LOVES to talk and SING. It was no surprise that she has issues with this at school.

On another note, my lil guy is becoming his own lil person too. He realizes that HE gets to go the Sharon's by himself. I thought he might have a little trouble - NOPE, he loves it. He gets one on one time with me every morning on our way. He gets to be the big boy and walk in by himself. He is SO cut if I say so myself! His new word is AIRPLANE!

The oldest - well you know how those 14 yr olds are - it is a great time for him. He is in 8th grade - big man on campus. Made the "A" team in football. We are excited for him. He is going to a youth rally at church in a few weeks. I am excited about that.

I was reminded of a verse the other day - Ex. 14:14, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." I am moved by this!

Hope y'all all have a blessed week.
Love;
Amy Q

No comments: